The people of Kaiser Permanente step up – and show up — whenever and wherever help is needed, whether it’s to unpack boxes at a food bank or respond on the ground to natural disasters.
Still, while we’re quick to help, finding out how and where to help hasn’t always been easy. That’s changed. Ladies and gentlemen, introducing a site that’s as awesome-as-you-are, KPCares.org.
What’s so great about the new KPCares.org?
- KPCares.org is the go-to place where employees and clinicians at KP discover, join, create and share opportunities to get involved in our communities.
- You can access it from any device, anywhere (all you need is your Single Sign On credentials)
- You can choose which email address you’d like to receive notices of volunteering opportunities
- You can select the geographic area you want to check out volunteering projects
- You have a personal dashboard (called My Impact) that shows the projects you’ve signed up for, and keeps a running tab on your volunteering hours. (It also lets you score points for checking out the opportunities on the website.)
- It provides robust data for those managing projects and wanting to track and report on the impact of service projects
You register. We donate a dollar.
Every year, KP volunteers mobilize throughout our communities in January to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s legacy of community service. In 2017, more than 5,600 KP volunteers assisted organizations in activities that provide vital services to our communities.
To volunteer for KP’s 2018 MLK Day events, you’ll need to be registered on this new site. Opportunities are popping up now through January.
So, here’s a great incentive – for every person registered before January 15, 2018, KP will donate $1 to the National Civil Rights Museum. Noted as one of the nation’s premier heritage and cultural museums, the museum is steadfast in its mission to share the culture and lessons from the American Civil Rights Movement, and explore how this significant era continues to shape equality and freedom globally.
Think of it as “register and win.” Because when you register, we all win. And, it takes only a couple minutes to register and create a profile.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities in KPMAS
We’re looking for volunteers for several upcoming events, including the 2017 Learning Conference, Mind and Body Wellness Day, and a blood drive at Regional Office. Keep checking KPCares.org for new opportunities in the coming months.
Now, go explore KPCares.org. Create your profile and check out the great photos of people volunteering – maybe you’ll be one of them!