It’s no secret that Permanente Medical Group physicians provide the highest quality, most coordinated health care—with more than 20,000 physicians serving more than 10.6 million members throughout Kaiser Permanente’s seven regions.
But did you know that the Permanente Medical Groups are also the largest groups in the nation? Health care database SK&A recently released its 2017 “Top 50 Medical Groups: Market Insights Report.” The Permanente Medical Groups are the biggest medical groups in the nation. This means greater availability of experts to our growing membership base.
Here in the Mid-Atlantic Region, our Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group (MAPMG) had a reported figure of 1,250 physicians, more than twice as many as the next largest medical group in the region. (Since SK&A used year-end 2015 reported figures, MAPMG has added just over 100 physicians and now employs over 1,350 doctors). MAPMG is also the only medical group in the region to make SK&A’s list. See how the rest of the Permanente Medical Groups are comprised:
- Southern California Permanente Medical Group (Pasadena, CA): 8,400
- The Permanente Medical Group (Oakland, CA): 8,000
- Group Health Physicians/Group Health Permanente: Nearly 1,400 (Includes physicians, physician’s assistants, midwives, mental health specialists, osteopaths, and optometrists focused on prevention, evidence-based practices and patient-centered care)
- Northwest Permanente, P.C. (Portland, OR.): 1,245
- Colorado Permanente Medical Group, P.C. (Denver, CO): 1,195
- Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (Honolulu, HI): 600+
- The Southeast Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (Atlanta, GA): 500
To see the full list of the largest medical groups in the nation, visit Becker’s Hospital Review here.
We know that when it comes to health care, it’s not just about the number of physicians available, but the quality of care that those physicians and their teams provide. Our multi-specialty medical groups are a testament to the value of doctors working together to coordinate care and ensure members receive the best personalized care for their individual needs. We are the best in the Mid-Atlantic States, and the biggest—by a lot.
Learn more here at SK&A.