What is Light City?
Launched by the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts in 2016, Light City Baltimore is the first large-scale, international light festival in the United States. In its first year, Light City welcomed more than 400,000 people over seven nights.
Light City is a free festival that transforms Baltimore with large-scale light installations, performances, music and innovation. Central to Light City is the BGE Light Art Walk along Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, featuring more than 50 attractions including illuminated sculptures, projections, interactive technologies, performances, concerts, food vendors and a children’s area.
Light City’s innovation programming, Labs@LightCity generates an ecosystem of ideas and learning during the day – while lights, performances and live music to re-imagine Baltimore at night.
Call for Volunteers
We need your help to make Light City Baltimore another success! As a lead partner, Kaiser Permanente is involved in many aspects of the festival, March 31-April 8, and we are asking you, our employees, to volunteer to help with Kaiser Permanente’s activities throughout the week. Check out the list of events below and their corresponding KP Cares project ID numbers:
- Light City Baltimore Opening Night Lantern Grand Processional Parade, Friday, March 31, at 8 p.m. (Parade Champion project ID 21058; parade participants project ID 21057)
- Kaiser Permanente Thrive Garden in West Shore Park (project ID 21059)
- HealthLab@LightCity exhibits (project ID 21060)
- Exclusive VIP Reception at the Pier V Hotel (project ID 21061).For more information about Light City Baltimore, check out the Feature Story on KPproud.
- Find all the details about all of these volunteer opportunities on KP Cares and sign up today!