Have you heard? Membership is booming! Our total membership has reached 782,156. As a testament to growing demand for our superior care and coverage, we have added 76,322 members so far this year, which is almost 13,000 members ahead of budgeted growth.
Want more details on what’s behind membership growth? Keep reading.
- Gains in large-group membership came from new national accounts, local large groups, and some organic growth during the recent open enrollment period;
- Our refreshed product portfolio combined with broker incentives and competitive rates contributed to growth in small-group membership;
- Our competitive rates and commitment to the Exchanges led our individual health plan business line to experience growth significantly ahead of budget; and
- The launch of our new Medicare Advantage product in Maryland and Washington, D.C., boosted membership in our Direct Pay program.
We could not have achieved these membership goals without our valued employees and physicians and your continued commitment to our mission. And with continuous membership growth, KPMAS must continue to adapt and expand our service offerings and physical footprint. Some examples of our expansion include:
- A new pediatric specialty center at Capitol Hill Medical Center
- A new administrative building in New Carrollton to open in 2019
- The new North Arundel Medical Center, which opened in June 2017
- A major expansion for the Rockville Regional Laboratory
- Continued hiring of physicians and staff to support our new members
Thank you to all of our valued employees and physicians who are working hard every day to make sure all of our members—new and established—have the best experience every time.
I am new staff currently on orientation. Happy to be part of this great organization!!
I appreciate the info update, and look forward to providing outstanding care for these new members!!!
I love KP! Been here almost 2 years NEVER leaving.They know how to treat their nurses