By Ben Thrutchley
Come get inspired and learn how to live healthier at the 2nd annual Diabetes Wellness Day, September 9 at the Bethesda North Marriott hotel.
Diabetes Wellness Day will be filled with exciting opportunities to hear from experts about the latest in diabetes prevention, care, and management. Our award winning doctors will lead this year’s break out sessions and cover important topics like:
- Thriving with diabetes
- Nutrition and meal planning
- Plant based diets and diabetes (including a cooking demo)
- Protecting your kidneys
- Diabetes and nerve health
- Maintaining healthy vision
- Keeping your heart healthy
- Taking care of your feet
- Carbohydrates counting 101: how technology can help
- Diet, culture and diabetes: examining global foods
- Controlling your diabetes: how video visits can help
- and more!
To see all that Diabetes Wellness Day has to offer and hear from previous attendees, check out the video below from 2016. You will see first hand why this is such an inspiring event.
We hope to see you this year. To learn more and register for Diabetes Wellness Day, please visit diabeteswellnessday.com. Interested in volunteering? You can register to volunteer on KP Cares by searching for Diabetes Wellness Day.
Diabetes Wellness Day Schedule
To take the stress out of transportation, we are offering free shuttles form the Largo, Tysons, and South Baltimore medical office buildings.
Childcare will be provided throughout the event by White House Nannies, Inc.