As we recognize national Mental Health Awareness Month, we want to thank our outstanding behavioral health psychiatrists, therapists, and the entire team for the extraordinary care and service they provide to our patients. We celebrate our psychiatrists and therapists who give our patients the tools and treatments that are needed to build resilience and cope with trauma.
At Kaiser Permanente, our integrated care model makes it easy for patients to access the high-quality care they need in one place. Our members can:
- See a therapist or psychiatrist – without a referral;
- Schedule a video visit for a follow-up appointment from the convenience of their own home;
- Call or email their doctor’s office directly; and
- Access emergency care 24/7 either in-person or by phone through our nurse advice line.
We are committed to leading the nation in improving the way mental health care is delivered. We are proud of the important advances we have made together over the last several years.
- We have more than doubled the size of our highly-trained teams of therapists and psychiatrists to provide more access for our members.
- We provide same-day or next-day initial evaluation to nearly half of our members following a request for services.
- We have introduced evidence-based tools to improve diagnosis and outcomes.
- We launched “Zero Suicide Project” with the goal of eliminating suicides and provide early intervention for those who are at risk.
We have also expanded the services we provide for our members by now offering:
- Regional Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) Evaluation Center to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment plan in one visit.
- Electroconvulsive Treatment, a treatment for severe depression.
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation to address chronic and treatment-resistant depression.
- Intensive Outpatient Program for adults and adolescents. This program allows patients to live at home, rather than an inpatient psychiatric hospital, and receive intensive treatment in our medical centers.
- 7 days/week Chemical Dependency Recovery Program for patients with chemical dependency, to assist them in their recovery.
- Suboxone Induction and Treatment for members with an opioid use disorder.
Our psychiatrists, therapists, and the entire team continue to innovate to improve our mental health services. We are proud of them for their commitment to providing extraordinary behavioral health care to our members.