Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States celebrated 35 years on August 1. Check out some interesting facts about the region below:
- The membership in 1980 was 56,128.
- 24% of the health plan consisted of federal members in 1984.
- There were only five medical centers in 1984 – Reston, Springfield, Kensington, Gaithersburg, and North Capitol.
- Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States acquired the Humana Group Health Plan (HGHP) in 1997.
- The Regional Office relocated from Northwest D.C. to Rockville, Maryland in 1993.
Below is a timeline of when all of the KPMAS facilities opened. Our newest facility, Baltimore Harbor Medical Center, opens on November 9.