Kaiser Permanente is proud to host Diabetes Wellness Day, the first event of its kind—a day dedicated solely to helping individuals and families manage diabetes. The event will be held on Saturday, October 22, 2016, from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center. Diabetes Wellness Day celebrates our members who are meeting their proactive health goals, which include staying up-to-date with screenings and appointments, and educating those recently diagnosed. The event features a host of educational workshops, wellness activities, a health expo and cooking demonstrations (see agenda highlights below). The event is free and open to the public. We encourage employees and their families to attend. Find more information and register here: diabeteswellnessday.com. Registration closes Oct. 17.
The Diabetes Wellness Day Agenda Includes:
- Opening Remarks and Lunch
- Wellness Activities, including yoga, Sit and Be Fit, Qi Gong, and meditation
- Interactive Health Expo and Mobile Health Van offering free screenings and flu shots
Educational Workshops led by our expert providers and diabetes educators, with topics including:
- Nutrition and meal planning
- Alternative medicine
- Staying active with diabetes
- Peer support for teens
- Technology and diabetes including Type 1 Pump/Sensor Therapy
- Podiatry, neuropathy, and ophthalmology
On-site child care, parking, and transportation provided for guests coming from Prince George’s County, Baltimore, and Northern Virginia. We hope to see you there!