As we close out 2017, we would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to all of you for your hard work, dedication and resolve to make 2017 a great year. Although each year comes with challenges and successes, one thing remains constant–and that’s our ability to meet the health care expectations of our members every year, together, as a team!
Throughout the rest of this month, as a token of our appreciation, employees will receive an insulated hot/cold tumbler along with a note from Kim Horn and Bernadette Loftus, MD. The tumblers will be available for you to pick up at your designated work place.
In addition, many of the medical office buildings’ lawns will be lined with signs noting several of our 2017 accomplishments. We hope you and our members find pride in seeing these signs across the region throughout the month of December.
Take a look below at just a few of the accolades we have earned to remind us that we have so much that makes us proud to be KP:
- KPMAS is ranked #1 in the nation for 15 quality measures, according to NCQA’s annual Quality Compass. That means that, out of more than 400 commercial health plans, we are the absolute best at Breast Cancer Screening, Controlling High Blood Pressure, Colorectal Screening and 12 other quality measures.
- KPMAS has been ranked #1 in member satisfaction for 9 consecutive years in J.D. Power’s Mid-Atlantic Member Health Plan Study.
- KPMAS received the highest possible rating of 5 out of 5 stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for our Medicare plan. This is the sixth year in a row that we have received 5 out of 5 stars.
- KPMAS received the highest rating from NCQA for our commercial health plan in Virginia and the District of Columbia. Our commercial health plan is also the highest rated commercial health plan available to non-military families in Maryland.
- KPMAS was awarded Multicultural Health Care Distinction from NCQA. This honor recognizes organizations that provide culturally and linguistically appropriate services and reduce health care disparities.
- More than 333 MAPMG doctors have been voted to 2017 “Top Doctors” lists.
- KPMAS achieved outstanding membership growth since starting our March to a Million in January 2014, and reached almost 705,000 members as of November 6, 2017.
- KPMAS has hired hundreds of doctors and staff to help care for our new members, with more than 10,000 individuals now on our KPMAS team.
Thank you for everything you do, and enjoy the rest of 2017!