Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States has entered into an agreement with Anne Arundel Medical Center that augments our award-winning care delivery system for those living in the surrounding areas.
A contract was signed effective June 1. Anne Arundel Medical Center became the 11th premier hospital in our region when Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group (MAPMG) hospitalists began working on July 1. MAPMG hospitalists provide 24/7 coverage at Anne Arundel Medical Center, ensuring high quality hands-on care for Kaiser Permanente members who need medically necessary inpatient care – all in a highly coordinated fashion with the outpatient care at Kaiser Permanente facilities.
Partnering Kaiser Permanente’s hospital operations expertise, top quality, and service results with the Anne Arundel Medical Center, a high-performing hospital with numerous accolades in its own right, is an important building block in increasing Kaiser Permanente’s presence throughout the region.
The Anne Arundel Medical center located at 2001 Medical Parkway in Annapolis, MD is a not-for-profit health system serving an area of more than one million people. Anne Arundel Medical Center is a highly respected institution, as shown by its many awards:
- Magnet R Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANNC)
- Exemplar recognition for family presence awarded by the Institute for Patient and Family-Centered Care (IPFCC)
- Hospitals & Health Networks Most Wired™
- Delmarva Foundation Excellence Award for Quality Improvement
- Caregiver Action Network’s Top 25 of the Nation’s Best Practices in Patient and Family Centered Care
- Consumer Reports Top 10 Hospital for Surgical Safety
- Association of Community Cancer Centers Innovator Award
- HealthStream Award for Highest Community Perception of Quality
- Maryland Patient Safety Center Circle of Honor Award
- Becker Hospital Review’s Top 50 Greenest U.S. Hospitals
- American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Workplace
Kaiser Permanente partners with a select number of leading hospitals across the region, which are designated KPMAS premier hospitals. Following is the current roster of premier hospitals:
Greater Baltimore Medical Center
St. Agnes Hospital
Anne Arundel Medical Center
Holy Cross Hospital
Suburban Hospital (Johns Hopkins Medicine)
Virginia Hospital Center
Reston Hospital Center
Children’s National Medical Center
Sibley Memorial Hospital (Johns Hopkins Medicine)
Washington Hospital Center (MedStar Health)
For more information about our premier hospital partners, please visit kp.org/premierhospitals.